Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Friday, March 15, 2013

Wow, what a difference a couple of months can make!



Well, just when I thought things could not get any stranger, they did.  Since the beginning of the year events have taken place that seem surreal to me.  My closest friend has not only finished writing a book, but it has now been edited, beta read, and is, as we speak, being formatted for publishing.  She even has a release date at the end of the month.  I am in shock, but I am also really happy for and proud of her.  But considering the surprise inside her book, I am starting to feel the pressure.
After I finished editing her novel, the characters in my head started to scream at me, demanding release from their prison.  I felt the compulsion to write but alas have not been able to sit down for more than five minutes at a stretch in recent days.
Now I have a Facebook page and twitter handle as an author, and let me tell you, the support has been overwhelming.  I was truly of the opinion that I would be relegated to the dustbin of Facebook hell.  For me, the creation of the page and twitter account, well it made everything seem real for the first time.  It hit me like a ton of bricks, I’m doing this, I am really doing this.  Not talking about it, not dreaming about it, but making it a reality.  And boy, what a scary, but freeing feeling that is. 
So, to those of you who follow here on my blog, thank you so much for your support.  It truly does mean the world to me.  And please feel free to drop me a line anytime, whether here as a comment, on my Facebook page, twitter, or even via email.  Links listed below!  Thank you again for giving me the courage to follow my dream and supporting me as I do so.  You all are MY Rock Stars!

New Stalker Links:
Email: micciknigh@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment